February 27, 2015

Salted Caramel



I’ve been meaning to post this but time has gotten the better of me (as usual...)
Salted Caramel.  Could there be anything more delicious? comforting like a warm hug ...Caramel sauce is perfect but by adding salt, it takes it to a whole new level. yum!
.. recently,  I was lucky to get the chance to try some butter from 'Lewis road Creamery'  which is located in New Zealand.  Thanks to Lorraine from 'Not Nigella' blog and Liquid Ideas for the opportunity! Firstly, let me just tell you how much I love butter!
Love it!
I know it can get a bad rap but it’s a healthy fat, its fresh and real, tastes amazing and is
satisfying,  so a little goes a long way.
So when this gorgeous butter arrived, I knew I would have to make a few things…I asked the kids for ideas and of course they both wanted chocolate cake so I made a traditional ‘ chocolate’ cake with frosting, …
I then decided to make ta-da!!!
Salted Caramel!
which I served with plain vanilla ice-cream…
Caramel sauce is hands down my favourite sweet sauce and goes well with apples, pears, served on pancakes or crepes or just eaten by the spoonful...(yes, done that)

I followed Donna Hay's Salted Caramel recipe because Donna knows her stuff!

so good!



3 comments:

  1. Glad that you liked the butter Anastasia! Great idea to make salted caramel :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love caramel too!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...