January 29, 2012
January 20, 2012
Classic...with a twist
January 16, 2012
Inspiration Now: a Delicate State...
January 11, 2012
a Healthy nut
so you know that feeling when you have to eat something sweet but dont want to raid the pantry as you'll reach for that un-opened chocolate bar
... you just know you wont stop at just one piece?
how about an alternative? Healthy brownies....health-y!
no cooking required either so this is so easy if you have a food processer on hand.
I spotted these via pinterest (where else??) and have made them a few times now...I always change up the recipe
so this is what I used this time.
1 cup pitted dates (or date paste)
1 cup pitted soft prunes
1-2 cups raw almonds (soak overnight if your blender cant handle hard chopping)
handful of sunflower seeds
handful of pepita seeds
handful dark chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons Chia seeds
2 Tablespoons Almond butter (peanut butter is fine too)
a splash of water if needed
mulch it all up in the blender!
press in lined tin and refrigerate for a couple of hours - cut up in small pieces and store in air-tight container in the fridge - eat often!
(...and No! these are not laxatives although they might look like they are haha....)
January 8, 2012
January 5, 2012
lots of people ask how they can get more views/comment and blog readers, I say Get involved!...go seek, search for what inspires you, who inspires you and if you have time join in on all the fun out there in bloggy land!
oh and do let me know if you know of any other FAB bloggy stuff going on!!
*image via my Pinterset pins
January 4, 2012
Its as good as new....
(oh so true isn't it?? ha-ha)
I don't normally make resolutions
but its always great to start fresh, to start something new and isn't January just the perfect month to make that change??
Its been a slow start for me, I had some time off...lazy days ...which felt just perfect!
I celebrated my birthday on the
This year I hope to
* Be Creative - keep going strong with my Etsy shop (i acheived my 500th sale just before the year ended! Woohoo), schedule more time in my week to play with my papers, blog often, start drawing again (practise is key!!)
* Be Organized - my crafty space is currently a mess and this dampens my creativity big time, so I need to clear out what I don't need/use and find some order!
* Be Healthy - I haven't exercised in months!! pretty bad I know.
* Be Crafty - I've never done a Craft market before and I've always wanted to so the plan is to join forces with some creative types and have a stall - Should be fun!
* Be Thankful - At the end of the day its important to remember what's really important in life and being thankful for what we have at this present moment is what really matters!