April 29, 2012

 A Girl Called Ivy....

Hello everyone! i hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Its been a while since my last 'creative girl' blog post but lets head over to Portland, USA to meet Ivy.
Ivy is super talented and an inspiration  - she loves to creates amazing collages and art and enjoys crafting.  Ivy is also a blogger where she shares her finds, family life and inspirations and  has a gorgeous Vintage Decor shop on Etsy,  Grace & Ivy.  Her product styling and photos are stunning!
Her husband recently surprised her with a trip to Paris (lucky girl!) where she sourced some beautiful things for her shop.
Welcome Ivy!
Can you tell us what is currently inspiring you?
Right now I'm infatuated with anything French and vintage, Paris and all the gorgeous spring time flowers. Of course, I'm incredibly excited and inspired by the coming arrival of my baby daughter, Claire, in June!

Name 3 things you couldn't live without right now?
Id have to say my camera. Peanut butter and chocolate ice cream
and my Mac Book Pro

Can you define to us your personal style?
My personal style is always evolving but currently I love vintage treasures - objects with history. I am a complete romantic, so soft colors, lace, candles and tarnished silver fill my studio. Clippings of art I love, photography and vintage postcards adorn the walls. I am nostalgic, sensitive, romantic and feminine...without being overly frilly. I think that sums it up...

Do you have a favourite colour (or colour combinations)?
Favorite color??...hmm...tough one. I would say right now I'm drawn to pastels. Although, being an artist and interior decorator, I can really appreciate almost all colors. My daughter's nursery is a soft palette of pink and gray. Love this combo!

Any favourite Smells or Frangrance?
I adore the fragrances of jasmine and gardenia. I also love how it smells right after a good rainstorm.

What do you love about your City/Town?
I love so many things about
Portland....where to begin? I love the great restaurants, the artistic vibe, the sense of community. I love all the beautiful parks and green spaces. I love that we finally have found a home where we are surrounded by supportive and loving friends.

Do you have a favourite quote you'd like to share with us?
I heard this quote when I was taking an online course with Jeanne Oliver. "You can do anything, just not everything." This really resonated with me because I am often overwhelmed with inspiration and want to do a million things at once. This quote reminds me to stick to my true passions and strengths and find balance within the creative chaos - that is my brain! :) These words help ground me.

Thanks so much Ivy for letting us peek into your world!!!  To see more of Ivy head on over to her Blog
and her beautiful Etsy shop Grace & Ivy 

3 comments:

  1. Sooo many pretty item at Grace + Ivy .. thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, her pictures are beautiful! Off to check her out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace and ivy blog is absolutely exquisite. The photography gives a wonderful feel for her aesthetic. Thank you so much for sharing anastasia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...