August 14, 2010

A Girl called Louise....


Happy Saturday everyone!
Ive just made myself a warm cup of tea and its the first time ive had a chance to sit down today! phew!

so this afternoon I have another awesome girl id love for you to all meet - im really enjoying this feature as there are many interseting & creative woman out there and Louise is definetely one
of them!
Having worked in fashion and lifestyle magazines as a Creative Director, Louise is now the owner of
home decorating shop 'Table Tonic'
gorgeous cushions, stunning Juju hats, Moroccan wedding blankets and super funky Moroccan Pouffes in fun bright colours!
add to your Christmas wishlist people, everything is just gorgeous!!!

Louise also has an awesome blog where she updates daily and shares with us her inspirations, elegant interior images and snippets of her life as a busy mum.

So Louise, what is currently inspiring you?
Modernism, 50's architecture, Morocco and India.
And colour. Always!

Name 3 things you couldn't live without right now?
Caffeine. Magazines. The internet ( me: yes, I can relate to that!!!)

Can you define to us, your personal style?
I don't even know that I have a personal style (yet!), but if I had to describe it, I would say "bit-of-everything-chic"!
Making a home or room look fabulous is so often about what you leave out, not what you put in. I think that's a great design mantra.

If you could go back in time,what would you tell your teenage self?
What my mother has been telling me all these years - "Spend twice as much, half as often and invest in quality, rather than quantity".

What are your favourite colours (or colour combinations)?
I always seem to gravitate towards warm, earthy colours - orange, yellow, tan, greens even. But right now, although I'm not really a "pink person", I'm loving bursts of magenta - that really bright Rajasthani magenta.

What do you love about your City?
I feel truly spoilt living in Sydney, and even more so after having been to a foreign country/city. We just seem to have everything at arms reach, the bush, the beach, the best restaurants, produce...

Do you have a favourite quote you'd like to share with us?
So many brilliant quotes spring to mid, but decor-wise, I love Diana Vreeland's very famous quote: "Pink is the Navy Blue of India".






For more of Louise, check out her
*Shop
*Blog
*Twitter

* All images are of Louise's stylish home*

6 comments:

  1. You have such lovely blog Anastasia!
    Enjoyed so much reading this interview and discovering Louise's shop.
    Have a great weekend and hope you'll have a more opportunities for a warm relaxed tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lovely!!!!
    You are very kind to include me on your FANTABULOUS blog.
    Happy weekend!
    xLou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she has amazing style. Great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds wonderful. Her work space is so bright and cheery.

    And I adore the last picture. The pink pouffes. I will most definitely check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a surprise for you at http://fionadesigns.blogspot.com/2010/08/thank-you.html

    fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, yay! i love the wedding blankets, and i might have to get a pouf!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...