May 1, 2008

A week of Vintage Australiana : Books
Im enjoying the Vintage Australiana posts over at Pips
here is my next post.....

From my vintage stash I have a 1958 edition of 'The Complete Adventures of Blinky Bill'
i found it a book fair in the 'clearance' section for $1.00 - what a bargain! its leather bound and beautiful!!!

I also have a few vintage school readers - the illustrations are adorable! Peter gets a new school reader every week and I love our reading sessions every night but I must admit the books these days are no way as cute as these....

the story of Mrs Kangaroo....and 'Teach and Learn'...how cute is that knitting girls illustration!!!

5 comments:

  1. Cute books and that Easter food looks yummy.. I remember the Sullivans but I much preferred 'Sons and daughters'.. do you remember that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Blinky Bill. My favourite though is Dot and the Kangaroo...remember the movie?
    It was a combination of filmed scenery with animation in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh..i love the vintage illos. so simple and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh Yes...Sons & Daughters...we were addicted to that too!!! haha Pat the rat...waSnt she awful?!
    and yes I do remember Dot & the Kangaroo, the movie was so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:52 PM

    The Blinky Bill collection sounds like a wonderful find. Great books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...